The Nites Electrical Health and Safety Management System is based on a belief that the well being of all people associated or affected by our business must be our primary consideration. The system complies with AS4801.
People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public will be afforded equal priority to that of our staff and contractors.
The primary goal of the system is to ensure an accident / incident free workplace.
Key objectives are :
- Aim to achieve an accident free workplace
- To ensure compliance with all legal and statutory obligations
- To make Health and Safety an integral part of every position
- To ensure Health and Safety is considered in all planning and work activities
- To involve ALL employees in any decision making processes through regular communication, consultation, and training
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner
- To identify and control potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk assessment
- To ensure potential accidents / incidents are controlled and prevented
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation to all employees
The success of the Nites Electrical Safety Management Plan is dependant upon :
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all members of staff
- Ensuring management and the work team is totally committed to achieving the objectives
- Understanding the total work process and associated hazards and control measures – This is achieved through a process of safe work method statements for all tasks, drafted and approved by management in consultation with all members of staff.
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration to implementing the appropriate set of control measures for each activity
These policies and procedures will be reviewed in consultation with relevant parties, as and when required, upon change of legislation, and / or every 12 months